Georgian Institute of Public Affairs is pleased to announce PhD admission 2018. PhD program is designed for interested individuals, who owns Master’s academic degree in relevant sub-field of Social Sciences. Exception could be granted by the decision of Scientific Board of PhD program, after reviewing applicants’ documents, considering relevant qualification and research experience in the field.
Interested applicants have to submit the following documents to program administration:
- Completed application form (Download here)
- Professional biography (CV)
- Master’s diploma. A candidate must have Master’s or equivalent academic degree from the accredited higher education institution, in the field/subfield of Social Sciences. Exceptions are made by the decision of a Scientific board of PhD program, based on assessment of candidates’ qualifications.
- Letter of Transcript
- Copy of ID or passport
- Photo (size 3x4)
- Description of PhD research topic, approximately 1000 words. (See template here)
- International certificate of English language proficiency level B2. Those candidates, who do not have certificate, will pass exam in English language.
- If a PhD program applicant’s native language is not Georgian, she/he should present certificate of Georgian language proficiency B2 (if available), or pass exam in Georgian language.
Admission procedures include:
- Exam in English Language (for those who do not have certificate)
- Personal interview with admission committee.
During admission priority will be given to:
- Scientific novelty and importance of research topic
- Participation in international scientific conferences
- Activities related to teaching/research
Applications deadline is from August 1 to September 14.
Georgian Institute of Public Affairs, PhD Program in Social Sciences;
Address: Tbilisi; Ietim Gurji Street N9.
For additional information please contact: Natia Tchighvaria
Cell phone number: 595659556