Professor / Head of BA Program in Digital Media and Communications / Research Methods
Ana Keshelashvili is a Professor of Mass Communication at the Caucasus School of Journalism and Media Management. She received her Ph.D. in Mass Communications from South Carolina, and Master of Mass Communications degree from Louisiana State Univerisity. She is also an alumna of Caucasus School of Journalism and Media Management. Dr. Keshelashvili's research interests lie mainly in journalism education, technology development effects on communication, and citizen journalism.
Dr. Keshelasvhili is a Board Member of Internet Society - Georgia Chapter; has a number of years of experience as an information and communication technology consultant, as well as, years of experience as a journalist for different types of media.
Academic and applied research:
- Keshelashvili, A., Kharbedia, E., & Makharadze, A. (forthcoming). Verification of social media content: A study of newsroom practices and journalism education modules.
- Tsomaia, T. & Keshelashvili, A. (Forthcoming). Journalism Programme Accreditation in Georgia. In Nowak, E. (Ed.) Accreditation of Journalism Education in Europe. Nomos, Broschiert, Germany.
- European Journalism Training Association (EJTA) research project Journalistic Roles, Values and Qualifications in the 21st Century; how journalism educators in Europe view the future of a profession in transition. - forthcoming in 2019
- Keshelashvili, A. (2016) “Adoption of Innovations among Georgian Journalism Educators.” Presented at EJTA Teachers’ pre-conference session. Paris, October, 27, 2016
- Keshelashvili, A. (2015). “Informal Networks of Educators and Innovations at Journalism Schools.” Research Escalator presentation at ICA 65th Annual Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, May 22-25, 2015.
- Mortensen, T. M., Jones, J., & Keshelashvili, A. (2015). Dear Citizen Photojournalists: Who are you? Studying the motivations and values of citizen photojournalists. Photographies, 8(2), 211-230. https://www.tandfonline.com/
- Mortensen, T. B., Keshelashvili, A. & Weir, T. (2015): Who We Are. A Q-study of types of citizen journalists. Digital Journalism, DOI: 10.1080/21670811.2015.1053506 https://www.tandfonline.com/
- Keshelasvhili, A. (2015). Georgian Journalism Educators: Implementing Innovations.” Presented at ICA 65th Annual Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, May 22-25, 2015
- Mortensen, T. B., Keshelashvili, A. & Weir, T. (2015). “Who We Are. A Q-study of types of citizen journalists.” Presented at ICA 65th Annual Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, May 22-25, 2015
- Keshelashvili, A. (2014). Innovation among Georgian journalism educators: A network analysis perspective (Doctoral dissertation, University of South Carolina).
- Danelia, N. & Keshelashvili, A. (2014). “Internet is an important medium for youth political participation in Georgia.” Presented at AEJMC 39th Southeast Colloquium, Gainesville, FL, March 20-22, 2014. (Top Student Paper in Newspaper and Online Division)
Mortensen, T. B., & Keshelashvili, A. (2013). If Everyone with a Camera Can Do This, Then What? Professional Photojournalists' Sense of Professional Threat in the Face of Citizen Photojournalism. Visual Communication Quarterly, 20(3), 144-158.
- Keshelashvili, A. (2013). “Gatekeepers in Social Networks: What They Care About.” Paper presented at Beyond Convergence: Mobile, Social, and Virtual Media conference, Las Vegas, NV, October 24-26, 2013.
- Keshelashvili, A., & Cardell, K. (2013). “Placing Blame and Seeking Solutions: Media Framing of School Shootings.” Presented at AEJMC, Washington DC, August 8-11, 2013. (Best Student Paper award in Mass Communication and Society Division)
- Buehner, T. & Keshelashvili, A. (2013). Comparing the Ethics of citizen photojournalists and professional photojournalists: A coorientational study. Presented at AEJMC, Washington DC, August 8-11, 2013.
- Keshelashvili, A., Danelia, N., and Kakabadze. N., (2012). Mapping Digital Media – Georgia. Country report. Open Society Institute https://www.
opensocietyfoundations.org/ reports/mapping-digital-media- georgia
- Keshelashvili, A. (2012). Global Voices – Motivation to Volunteer. Presented at Convergence and Society conference, Columbia, SC, September 27-28, 2012.
- ქეშელაშვილი, ა., ნაჭყებია, თ., პაიჭაძე გ. და ასათიანი ს. (2013) ვიდეო ადვოკატირების სახელმძღვანელო. პროექტი ჰარმონია, თბილისი, საქართველო https://docs.google.com/
viewer?url=http%3A%2F% 2Fcivics.ge%2Fuploads%2Fvideo_ advocacy_manual.pdf
- ქეშელაშვილი ა. (2011). პოლიტიკის გაშუქება - სახელმძღვანელო ჟურნალისტებისთვის. ვესტმინსტერის ფონდი.
- Keshelashvili, A. (2007). Research and Investigation in Journalism. In Alaverdyan. D (Ed.) From Journalists to Journalists. British Council Publication
- Trammell, K.D., & Keshelashvili, A. (2005). Examining the new influencers: A self-presentation study of A-List blogs. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 82 (4), 968 - 982. http://journals.sagepub.com/