Students will be able to:
- Define political and economic geography and historic origins of the Black Sea-Caspian region;
- Define regional states’ foreign-security policies and domestic political development;
- Critically analyze existing and potential challenges and conflicts of the region;
- Apply IR theory elements learned in other classes to this region;
- Define the basic economic and energy security issues for broader Eurasia;
- Critically analyze alternative strategies for energy security.