By the end of the program, the students will:
- Develop a clear understanding of the origin and historic development of the regional states and great powers influencing the region
- Learn about major challenges of the region, dominated by ethno-political conflicts, as well as challenges like demographic trends, unemployment etc.
- Explore the opportunities for potential positive political and economic developments in the region.
- Gain a thorough understanding of how world politics is affected by energy security and energy policy, as well as understanding of the connection between energy supplies to Europe and long term security;
- Improve their ability to apply theoretical approaches to specific cases: BTC Pipeline; Southern Corridor for the Natural Gas etc.